pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
I hope you all are as obsessed with pumpkin as I am. If you are, then I probably don’t have to explain to you why I had to make these cookies immediately when they showed up on my Google Reader. If you aren’t, well, all this gushing could get a bit awkward. You might want to ignore this post entirely and move along.
These were just as delicious as I hoped they would be. They were almost like a normal oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, but made a billion times better and chewier and softer by the addition of pumpkin. And yes, I know that I should be over pumpkin now that it’s January and officially past the correct pumpkin season. And to be fair, I probably made these about two months ago (bad blogger!). But now that I’m typing this post, I have a serious craving to make them again. Despite the fact that it’s 10:45 in the morning.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or cookie scoop-fuls onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Source: Two Peas and Their Pod
Linked at: Sweet As Sugar Cookies